Some weeks ago, we reported that Poland’s brand position at the Country Brands Index 2008 had been mentioned in several papers. Now it’s turn for Thailand, which was elected as the “Best Country Brand for Value for Money” at the last CBI report.
Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Phornsiri Manoharn commented on this ranking that, “In today’s difficult economic times, to be considered the best value-for-money destination is perhaps the best brand image Thailand could enjoy. It will certainly go a long way towards helping Thailand remain a first-choice destination in terms of future travel for holiday and meetings/incentives.”
The Country Brands Index 2008 specifically defined Thailand with these words: “Famous for its authentic culture, spectacular beaches and noteworthy nightlife, Thailand is also one of the most affordable destinations in the world.”
Brand Thailand was listed in the top 10 in seven categories, namely:
- 1st in the “Best Country Brand for Value for Money” — Offering the most in return for the price you pay
- 3rd in the “Best Country Brand for Friendly Locals” — Welcoming citizens who make visitors feel comfortable
- 3rd in the “Best Country Brand for Authenticity” — Delivering distinctive, genuine and unique culture and experiences
- 4th in the “Best Country Brand for Nightlife” — Noteworthy bar, nightclub and late-night scene
- 4th in the “Best Country Brand for Shopping” — Accessible, diverse and abundant retail choices
- 10th in the “Best Country Brand to Extend a Business Trip” — Where travellers want to extend business travel into a personal vacation
- 10th in the “Best Country Brand for Desire to Visit / Visit Again” — The country travelers would most like to visit or return
No bad rankings, really, which underlines the good health of Brand Thailand.